Skip to main content

Letters

Dear Michigan, 

I wish you would make up your mind as to the weather. Switching back and forth between 70s and 30s is getting exhausting. As soon as I get used to warm weather and sunshine, we're back to freezing cold and pouring down rain. Make up your mind already!

Sincerely,
A non-winter-loving resident

Dear Chickens, 

Stop standing in your food.

Love,
Your aspiring chicken-farmer.

Dear Box Elder Bugs,

WHY ARE YOU HERE?!? I had really hoped that you were strictly Washington residents, and finding you here has been an unwelcome surprise. Please leave.

Sincerely,
A Bug Hater

Dear Coffee, 

Thank you for always being here for me.

Lovingly,
The Mother of a Newborn

Dear Washing Machine, 

Thank you so much for your hard work over the past few weeks. Your ability to handle approximately a hundred burp rags and burp blankets every couple of days is a huge blessing.

Gratefully,
The Mother of a Spit-Uppy Newborn

Dear Mom, 
Thank you for filling my freezer with delicious food while you were here, and for making it so worthwhile to sojourn down to the basement for a frozen peanut butter cookie.
Your Perpetually Starving Daughter

Dear Husband, 

Thank you for marrying me two years ago today. I can't imagine life without you.

With tremendous love,
Your Wife

Dear Newborn Son,

Thank you for being so cute, cuddly, and happy, and for sleeping 4 hours last night. Thank you for all your little smiles, squeaks, and the way you love bath time. I love you, and you are precious to me.

With love and exhaustion,
Your Mother


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's Up in Michigan

Not a ton going on here other than baby snuggles and laundry, but spring has arrived (finally...although one must be cautious about making such a declaration, in Michigan!) and that means getting a lot more outside time!

We're planning to plant the garden this weekend. To me it seems terribly late to be starting a garden, but we've had freezing temperatures at night several times in the last week, so better to be safe than sorry! I hope I'm not biting off more than I can chew, but I'm planning to plant:

Tomatoes (big and cherries)
Onions
Beets
Peas
Beans
Cucumbers
Zucchini
Possibly corn
Raspberries
Herbs
Salad (spinach, lettuce, kale)
AND flowers

I have a feeling I'll be spending vast amounts of my time watering. Thankfully we get rain relatively frequently, even in summer, and also, I picked up a couple soaker hoses at Costco when they were on sale. Hopefully that will make the job easier!

Sam has mowed the yard a couple of times. I think he is really regretting …

Hello

I haven't blogged in years. I used to, back when I traveled a lot and I wanted an easy way to keep a lot of people updated on what I was up to. In fact, when I opened up this blog, I went back and read a lot of my previous posts from back when I visited Rwanda two years ago. It was a fun little trip down memory lane!
My life doesn't include much travel anymore, unless you count flying back and forth between Washington and Michigan (which only happens once or twice a year). It used to happen a lot more frequently back when my husband and I were dating long-distance. But now, with our five week old son added into the mix, I don't see a ton of traveling in our future!
I do, however, find myself in the same situation of wanting to keep people updated on what I'm up to. Now that I live in Michigan, it's hard to stay in touch with all my friends and family back in Washington. And although our life here isn't all that exciting or fascinating, it's still wonderful …