Skip to main content

Letters

Dear Michigan, 

I wish you would make up your mind as to the weather. Switching back and forth between 70s and 30s is getting exhausting. As soon as I get used to warm weather and sunshine, we're back to freezing cold and pouring down rain. Make up your mind already!

Sincerely,
A non-winter-loving resident

Dear Chickens, 

Stop standing in your food.

Love,
Your aspiring chicken-farmer.

Dear Box Elder Bugs,

WHY ARE YOU HERE?!? I had really hoped that you were strictly Washington residents, and finding you here has been an unwelcome surprise. Please leave.

Sincerely,
A Bug Hater

Dear Coffee, 

Thank you for always being here for me.

Lovingly,
The Mother of a Newborn

Dear Washing Machine, 

Thank you so much for your hard work over the past few weeks. Your ability to handle approximately a hundred burp rags and burp blankets every couple of days is a huge blessing.

Gratefully,
The Mother of a Spit-Uppy Newborn

Dear Mom, 
Thank you for filling my freezer with delicious food while you were here, and for making it so worthwhile to sojourn down to the basement for a frozen peanut butter cookie.
Your Perpetually Starving Daughter

Dear Husband, 

Thank you for marrying me two years ago today. I can't imagine life without you.

With tremendous love,
Your Wife

Dear Newborn Son,

Thank you for being so cute, cuddly, and happy, and for sleeping 4 hours last night. Thank you for all your little smiles, squeaks, and the way you love bath time. I love you, and you are precious to me.

With love and exhaustion,
Your Mother


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello

I haven't blogged in years. I used to, back when I traveled a lot and I wanted an easy way to keep a lot of people updated on what I was up to. In fact, when I opened up this blog, I went back and read a lot of my previous posts from back when I visited Rwanda two years ago. It was a fun little trip down memory lane! My life doesn't include much travel anymore, unless you count flying back and forth between Washington and Michigan (which only happens once or twice a year). It used to happen a lot more frequently back when my husband and I were dating long-distance. But now, with our five week old son added into the mix, I don't see a ton of traveling in our future! I do, however, find myself in the same situation of wanting to keep people updated on what I'm up to. Now that I live in Michigan, it's hard to stay in touch with all my friends and family back in Washington. And although our life here isn't all that exciting or fascinating, it's still wonderful

Random Thoughts (because I stink at coming up with titles)

A ton of people (okay, like 30, but considering the mundane posts so far, that's a ton) have read my blog, and I have to say, I'm shocked. There's something so intriguing about that "Stats" feature on Blogger that tells you exactly how many people have visited your blog! I hope I haven't caused anyone to concuss themselves when passing out from sheer boredom. Personally, I don't really follow any blogs. The only time I tend to visit a blog is if Pinterest leads me there when I'm looking up a recipe. And I feel that recipe blogs are just about the worst . Without exception, they are miles of blah-blah-blah interspersed with pictures of delicious-looking food, more blah-blah-blah, more pictures (can I just find out how to make that tantalizing food, please?!) and then after you've scrolled down about a hundred times, you finally  get to the recipe. I'm not particularly planning to share a ton of recipes, although I'm not saying it will neve

Roosters

Our summer this year is 180 degrees different than last summer! Last year, at the end of July, we found out we were pregnant. Now, we have a busy five-month old who fills up most of our time. Last year we went on a few fun weekend trips and get-aways, and this summer, we made it to the mall once to get smoothies and pretzels (seriously one of our favorite dates; don't judge), and felt pretty proud of ourselves. (Seriously, I have nothing but respect for moms (and parents in general) who maintain a busy life with their kiddos. I pretty much never want to go anywhere because it's so much dang work. I hate nursing in public, so whenever we go somewhere, we're watching the clock for when we need to be back home for the next meal, and carrying around a car seat is super awkward and cumbersome... anyway, the list goes on. But some moms just get out there and continue having a life, quite beautifully, which I completely admire. That mom is not me.) Actually, last summer we wer